Capital House Music Festival

Festival Frequently Asked Questions

Capital House Music Festival

Festival Frequently Asked Questions

If It's A Free Event Why Do I Need A Ticket?

YES! This event is free, however, our permit has an occupancy capacity and we need to track the number of guests. Please register and reserve a ticket online!

The tickets are free on EventBrite. We kindly ask you to click the ”Donate whatever you like” and make a donation at checkout to support our mission. We are raising funds for our charity and it is pretty costly to put on an event of this scale. Your donations helps our charity the Sam The Man Burns Legacy Foundation and donate music programs disadvantaged youth and help cover the festival’s costs.


Where Is The Festival?

Franklin Park, Washington DC


What Should I Bring?

Our one-day festival at Franklin Park DC has all the ambiance you need.

To make sure you have a great time, we recommend bringing: picnic baskets, blankets, lawn chairs, fans, sunglasses, coolers, #CapFest rally towels, your dancing shoes and plenty of friends!

Note, the area is patrolled by the United States Park Police and they may restrict-or up tents and have the right to search bags/backpacks. Alcohol and marijuana are prohibited on federal property.

Where Can I Park?


Where Can I Stay?

Eaton Hotel DC is the official host hotel and there are also dozens of hotels nearby Franklin park.

Is It Handicap Accessible And Where Are Restrooms & Water?

The park has handicap accessible ramps and free public restrooms.

Are There Trash Cans?

Please pick up your trash. The National Park Service requires that all visitors take their trash with them. Bring clear plastic bags for trash. Please clean up your area (mess)! We must leave the park cleaner than when you found it.

Can I Bring Alcohol And/or Marijuana?

You can trust that you will be high on the positive vibes and grooves.

Although Marijuana is legal in D.C., the Franklin Park is Federal property and part of the National Park Service where it is illegal. Security is contracted and patrolled by the United States Park Police.
Alcohol and open containers of alcoholic beverages are also prohibited on federal property.

Can I Sell My Goods At The Festival, And/or Distribute Materials About My Company, Organization, Church Or Program?

Yes, we have limited vendor space available. Click here to go over our vendor application form.

Can I Help Your Mission Without Donating?

Absolutely! We need reliable volunteers; we need medics (nurses) and staff to help set up and manage all of our festivals. If you are interested in learning more about how you can help, fill out the form on our contact page! Of course, all volunteers will receive cool swag!

Have A Different Question?

Fill out the form on our contact page with your question. We will answer it and add it to this page to help others who are thinking the same thing.